CED262 - Kinetics and Catalyst
150 minutes / week
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to explain the mechanism and kinetics of various chemical reactions, including homogenous and heterogeneous reactions, solid catalyzed reactions and biochemical reaction system.
1. Mechanism and kinetics of various types of reactions (homogenous / heterogenous, reversible/irreversible, parallel/series).
2. Homogenous and heterogenous catalysis
3. Catalyst deactivation
4. Heterogenous non catalytic reaction: gas-solid, gas-liquid, solid-liquid
5. Kinetics of enzymatic reaction
1. Levenspiel, O., 1999. Chemical Reactions Engineering, 3rd ed., New York: John Wiley & Sons.
2. Fogler, H.C., 2000. Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering, 3rd ed., New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
3. Metcalf, I., 1997. Chemical Reaction Engineering - A First Course, Oxford University Press.
4. Najafpour, G.D., 2007, Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology, UK: Elsevier.
5. Lee, J.M., 2001, Biochemical Engineering, Washington: Pullman.
6. Stanbury, P.F., Whitaker, A., & Hall, S.J., 2003, Principles of Fermentation Technology, Oxford: Butterwoth Heinemann.