CED204 - Industrial Microbiology
100 minutes / week
Shella Permatasari Santoso
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this this course will be able to:
• Explain microbial physiology.
• Explain industrial microorganism and fermentation.
• Give examples of industrial bioprocessing and its product.
1. Microbial physiology and enzymes.
2. Bioprocessing: industrial microorganisms, fermentation media, fermentation systems, downstream processing, product development, regulation and safety
3. Industrial processes and products:
- Microbial enzymes
- Fuels and industrial chemicals
- Health care products
- Food and beverage products
- Environmental biotechnology
1. Waites, M. J., Morgan, N. L., Rockey, J. S., Higton, G., 2001. “Industrial Microbiology: An Introduction”, UK: Blackwell Science.