CED256 - Introduction to Transport Phenomena
200 minutes / week
Jindrayani Nyoo Putro
About the course
CED215 - Engineering Mathematics I, CED216 - Computer Programming
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to:
• Explain momentum transport principle.
• Explain energy transport principle.
• Explain mass transfer concept
1. Principle of momentum transport: Newtonian’s law of viscosity, shell momentum balance, Navier-Stokes equation. Analytical solutions related to momentum transport.
2. Principle of energy transport: Fourier law of heat conduction, shell energy balance, differential energy equation. Solving problems in conduction and convective heat transfer.
3. Principle of mass transfer: Fick’s law of diffusion, shell mass balance, differential mass equation. Solving problems in diffusion and convective mass transfer.
1. Bird, B.R., Stewart, W.E., Lightfoot, E.N., 2002, Transport Phenomena, second edition, New York, John Wiley & Sons.
2. Smith J. M., H. C. Van Ness., and Abbott, M. B. 2005. Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, 7th ed, New York: Mc Graw Hill Book Company.
3. Sandler, S. I. 2001. Chemical and Engineering Thermodynamics. 3rd ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons.