CED264 - Strategic Management
150 minutes / week
TBA in every semester
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to understand the strategic management process which companies as well as organizations must undertake to adapt their operational strategies to further improve their competitiveness, profitability and performance.
1. Strategic management essentials
2. Types of strategies
3. Vision and mission analysis
4. The internal audit: resource-based view, value chain analysis, IFE matrix, I/O view, 5 Forces EFE matrix
5. Strategy generation and selection: SWOT, SPACE, BCG, IE matrix and QSPM
6. Strategy implementation, execution and monitoring
7. Blue ocean strategy and digital business strategy
1. Hitt, Michael A., R. Duane Ireland and Robert Hoskisson, Strategic Management: Competitiveness and Globalization: Theory and cases, 2nd edition, 1997, West Publishing Company, ITP, St. Paul, Minneapolis
2. Thompson, Arthur A., Jr and A.J. Strickland III, Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases. McGraw-Hill Irwin, 12th edition, 2001.
3. Wheelen, Thomas L., Hunger J. David, Strategic Management & Business Policy, 8th edition, 2002, Prentice Hall, New Jersey.