CED316 - Chemical Technology Lab I
200 minutes / week
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to:
• Demonstrate fluid flow measurements.
• Demonstrate fluid mixing.
• Demonstrate particle size reduction.
• Demonstrate chromatography technique of a mixture.
• Demonstrate the identification of organic compounds.
1. Flow measurement including U-tube manometer, orifice meter, Venturi meter and rotameter
3. Particle size reduction
4. Pumping of fluids
5. Thin-layer chromatography
6. Chemical kinetics of reactions
7. Identification of aldehydes and ketones
1. Geankoplis C.J, 2003. Transport Processes and Separation Process Principles, 4th ed, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
2. Nevers, N., 2005. Fluid Mechanis for Chemicals Engineering, 3rd ed, New York: Mc Graw Hill.
3. Mc Cabe, W. L.., and Smith, J. C., 2005. Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering, 7th ed, Tokyo: Mc Graw Hill.
4. Garcia, M. H., 2008. Sedimentation Engineeering, 1st ed, New York: American Society.
5. Holman, J. P., 2001. Heat Transfer, 9th ed, New York: Mc Graw Hill Book Company.
6. Perry, R.H., and Green, D. W., 2007. Perry’s Chemical Engineers Handbook, 8th ed, India: McGraw Hill.
2. Coughanowr, D., dan LeBlanc, S., 2008. Process System Analysis and Control. 3rd ed. New York: McGraw Hill.