CED317 - Environmental Engineering I
150 minutes / week
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to:
• Discuss water and wastewater technologies.
• Illustrate sustainable utilization of water resources.
2. Water resource engineering
3. Wastewater characterization and analysis
4. Wastewater processing units (physical, chemical and biological)
5. Water reuse
6. Sustainability of water
1. Viessman Jr., W, Hammer, M.J., 2005, “Water Supply and Pollution Control”, 7th ed., New Jersey, Pearson Prentice Hall.
2. Metcalf & Eddy, 2004, “Water Reuse. Issues, Technologies, and Applications”, New York, McGraw Hill.
3. Gray, N.F., 2004, “Biology of Wastewater Treatment”, Series on Environmental Science and Management – Vol. 4, 2nd ed., London, Imperial College Press.
4. Sawyer, C. N., McCarty, P.L., and Perkin, G. F., 2003, “Chemistry for Environmental Engineering and Science”, 5th ed., New York, McGraw Hill.